Private Shopping Appointments for the At-Risk
If you are over 60 or have an underlying medical condition, we encourage you to shop from home and let us ship to you, or have us hold items for curbside pickup. But you are also welcome to schedule a private shopping experience in our bookstore on Mondays, beginning July 27. (Our store is open to the public Tuesday through Saturday, and we are closed on Sundays.) Here’s how this program works:
- Appointments will be Mondays only, 10-4, with the last appointment beginning at 3 PM
- Each appointment will last 50 minutes
- Appointments are available to begin every 30 minutes and last 50 minutes each, so there may be two groups in the store at the same time.
- Pick a date and time below. After you make your appointment, your computer may look like it's stuck, but that's just a glitch in the software--you should be all set--watch your email for confirmation of your appointment
- During your visit, all members of your party and all booksellers in the store will be required to wear masks. You’ll be asked to wash or sanitize your hands upon arrival
- Parties will be limited to three adults with up to three children, with no children under 5 admitted (they can’t reliably wear masks)
- By keeping your appointment, you warrant that you have no symptoms that could be attributed to COVID-19. (In other words, if you don’t feel well, stay home, and we’ll reschedule)
- A bookseller will be assigned to your party during each appointment. They will help you with recommendations and will also enforce COVID-19 protocols like mask-wearing and social distancing.
Remember, this new Monday program is only for customers who are at greater risk from COVID-19. The store will remain open to all customers Tuesday through Saturday.