Tableau Prep: Up & Running: Self-Service Data Preparation for Better Analysis (Paperback)
For self-service data preparation, Tableau Prep is relatively easy to use--as long as you know how to clean and organize your datasets. Carl Allchin, from The Information Lab in London, gets you up to speed on Tableau Prep through a series of practical lessons that include methods for preparing, cleaning, automating, organizing, and outputting your datasets.
Based on Allchin's popular blog, Preppin' Data, this practical guide takes you step-by-step through Tableau Prep's fundamentals. Self-service data preparation reduces the time it takes to complete data projects and improves the quality of your analyses. Discover how Tableau Prep helps you access your data and turn it into valuable information.
- Know what to look for when you prepare data
- Learn which Tableau Prep functions to use when working with data fields
- Analyze the shape and profile of your dataset
- Output data for analysis and learn how Tableau Prep automates your workflow
- Learn how to clean your dataset using Tableau Prep functions
- Explore ways to use Tableau Prep techniques in real-world scenarios
- Make your data available to others by managing and documenting the output
About the Author
Carl Allchin is a multiple time Tableau Ambassador and is 'the Other' Head Coach at one of the world's leading data analytics training programmes at The Data School in London. After over a decade in Financial Services as a Business Intelligence Analyst and Manager, he supported hundreds of companies through consulting, blogging and teaching on market leading data solutions. Carl is the co-founder of Preppin' Data, the only weekly Data Preparation challenge on Tableau and other data tools.