Robert B. Parker's Slow Burn (Spenser #29) (Large Print / Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 29 in the Spenser series.
- #28: Robert B. Parker's Kickback (Hardcover): $26.95
- #40: Robert B. Parker's Lullaby (Spenser #40) (Paperback): $9.99
- #42: Spenser Confidential (Movie Tie-In) (Paperback): $9.99
- #43: Robert B. Parker's Cheap Shot (Spenser #43) (Paperback): $9.99
- #44: Robert B. Parker's Kickback (Spenser #44) (Paperback): $9.99
- #45: Robert B. Parker's Slow Burn (Spenser #45) (Paperback): $9.99
- #46: Robert B. Parker's Little White Lies (Spenser #46) (Paperback): $9.99
- #47: Robert B. Parker's Old Black Magic (Spenser #47) (Paperback): $9.99
- #48: Robert B. Parker's Angel Eyes (Spenser #48) (Paperback): $9.99
- #49: Robert B. Parker's Someone to Watch Over Me (Spenser #49) (Paperback): $9.99
- #50: Robert B. Parker's Bye Bye Baby (Spenser #50) (Hardcover): $28.00
Boston PI Spenser faces a hot case and a personal crisis in the latest adventure in the iconic New York Times bestselling series from author Ace Atkins.
The fire at a boarded-up Catholic church raged hot and fast, lighting up Boston's South End and killing three firefighters who were trapped in the inferno. A year later, as the city prepares to honor their sacrifice, there are still no answers about how the deadly fire started. Most at the department believe it was just a simple accident: faulty wiring in a century-old building. But Boston firefighter Jack McGee, who lost his best friend in the blaze, suspects arson.
McGee is convinced department investigators aren t sufficiently connected to the city's lowlifes to get a handle on who's behind the blaze so he takes the case to Spenser. Spenser quickly learns not only that McGee might be right, but that the fire might be linked to a rash of new arsons, spreading through the city, burning faster and hotter every night. Spenser follows the trail of fires to Boston's underworld, bringing him, his trusted ally Hawk, and his apprentice Sixkill toe-to-toe with a dangerous new enemy who wants Spenser dead, and doesn t play by the city's old rules. Spenser has to find the firebug before he kills again and stay alive himself.