Learning Tableau 2020: Create effective data visualizations, build interactive visual analytics, and transform your organization (Paperback)
Publisher's note: This edition from 2020 is outdated and does not make use of the most recent Tableau features. A new fifth edition, updated for Tableau 2022, is now available.
- Explore the latest Tableau 2020 features and redefine business analytics for your firm
- Understand visualizing data and creating interactive dashboards to gain meaningful insights
- Learn implementing effective data storytelling to redefine how your business leverages data and makes decisions
Scaled Scrum and Lean-Agile practices provide essential strategies to address large and complex product development challenges not addressed in traditional Scrum. This Scrum/ Lean-Agile handbook provides a comprehensive review and analysis of industry-proven scaling strategies that enable business agility on an enterprise scale. Free of marketing hype or vendor bias, this book helps you decide which practices best fit your situation.
You'll start with an introduction to Scrum as a lightweight software development framework and then explore common approaches to scaling it for more complex development scenarios. The book will then guide you through systems theory, lean development, and the application of holistic thinking to more complex software and system development activities. Throughout, you'll learn how to support multiple teams working in collaboration to develop large and complex products and explore how to manage cross-team integration, dependency, and synchronization issues. Later, you'll learn how to improve enterprise operational efficiency across value creation and value delivery activities, before discovering how to align product portfolio investments with corporate strategies.
By the end of this Scrum book, you and your product teams will be able to get the most value out of Agile at scale, even in complex cyber-physical system development environments.
What you will learn
- Develop stunning visualizations to explain complex data with clarity
- Explore exciting new Data Model capabilities
- Connect to various data sources to bring all your data together
- Leverage Tableau Prep Builder's amazing capabilities for data cleaning and structuring
- Create and use calculations to solve problems and enrich the analytics
- Master advanced topics such as sets, LOD calculations, and much more
- Enable smart decisions with data clustering, distribution, and forecasting
- Share your data stories to build a culture of trust and action
Who this book is for
Executives, product owners, Scrum masters, development team members, and other stakeholders who need to learn how to scale Agile to support large, complex projects and large enterprise portfolios and programs will find this book useful. A basic understanding of the values and principles of Agile and the Scrum-based framework for Agile development practices is required before you get started with this Agile Scrum book.